The Tranche Finance, $SLICE token, has been deployed and delivered to the community and will soon be ready to be used in the Tranche protocol.
The $JNT->$SLICE conversion is complete, to view your tokens in your ETH wallet, please add the following contract address as a custom token:Tranche Finance (SLICE): 0x0aee8703d34dd9ae107386d3eff22ae75dd616d1* For adding a custom token on MetaMask please follow this tutorial.
Tranche is a decentralized protocol for managing risk that allows you to invest in leading DeFi protocols at your preferred risk level. For any yield-generating asset in the DeFi realm, Tranche could deploy two assets: Tranche A, fixed-rate tokens, and Tranche B variable-rate tokens.
The Tranche protocol is managed and powered by the Tranche DAO.
Participants & Components of the DAO:
- Tranche Treasury: Protocol’s fee collector and distributor. The Treasury allows $SLICE to act like a decentralized crypto-capital asset. Platform generated fees are directed to the Treasury.
- SLICE Community: Token holders, community members, and users of the Tranche protocol. Token holders vote on protocol parameter setting, including fees collected and rewards distributed by the Tranche Treasury.
- Governance Module: The voting mechanism on the tranche Protocol. This allows $SLICE holders to propose and vote on Tranche Improvement Proposals (TRIPs).
- Backstop Module: The lender of last resort on the Tranche Protocol. The backstop module provides funds to cover any deficit incurred in extraordinary circumstances, while simultaneously allowing SLICE holders to provide liquidity and earn rewards.
- Core Tranche Contributors: The core team behind the development of the Tranche protocol and $SLICE token. The team is responsible for implementing successful community proposals.
A TRIP down SLICE lane
First and foremost, $SLICE is a governance token that enables community members to have a say in the direction of the protocol, as well as the use of funds of the Treasury.
Initially, the Treasury will be seeded by the Tranche team with 2,000,000 $SLICE, allowing the utilization of funds towards incentivizing and sustaining usage of the platform. Additionally, the Treasury will collect protocol fees and distribute staking rewards, which can be further utilized to grow the protocol.
As a $SLICE holder, you can propose and vote on Tranche Improvement Proposals (TRIPs).
Here are a few example of TRIPs that we anticipate in the Tranche DAO:
1. Suggesting new token pairs to list on the Tranche Protocol
2. Changing the fee structure of the protocol
3. Building on other chains such as BSC, SOL, or ADA
Navigate to Tranche’s Snapshot.page to get started with Tranche governance.
STAKING SLICE into consideration
To ensure liquidity and incentivize participation in governance as well as protocol utilization, several staking modules will be introduced on the week of March 14, each serving a different purpose.
1. SLICE/WETH and SLICE/DAI on Uniswap
By providing SLICE/WETH and SLICE/DAI on Uniswap, you are providing liquidity for the respective trading pairs, allowing existing additional participants to smoothly interact with ecosystem.
2. SLICE-LP and SLICE on Tranche
By providing SLICE-LP or SLICE tokens directly to the protocol, you are contributing directly to the safety and the sustainability of the protocol. The backstop module provides Tranche with a safety net to deliver on the promise of fixed rates in the edge cases of sharply dropping interest rates.
Who wants a SLICE?
There are multiple ways to obtain $SLICE for use on Tranche:
1. Earning SLICE
You can earn $SLICE by participating in the Tranche protocol’s incentive programs revolving around staking, locking, and purchasing Tranche products.
2. Trading SLICE
You can simply obtain $SLICE by buying it on the open market. There are SLICE/DAI and SLICE/ETH pools active on Uniswap as of today. The token will also be tradable on centralized exchanges such as Bittrex and Gate this week.
Thank you for your continued support! Get involved with governing the new Tranche protocol!
Follow and discuss the Tranche Protocol on Discord!